The new CD has been done for about a month. By done, I mean the mastering is all finished. The final step was to find a label to release the disc. This is a multipart step, though. See below.
I sent the disc to one label that a friend had recommended, but they didn’t think it would be a good fit for them. The next label I sent it to felt differently, so now I have a publisher! Summit Records is a label devoted to recordings by brass artists. Now that they have agreed to put out the recording, I will have to think (with the people at the label) about:
1. Cover art
2. Liner notes
3. Release dates
With a little hard work and a little luck, the CD will be released around the New Year.
Dear Reader, thank you for your kind attention the details of this project. I came into it with no idea what I was doing, and now I have a vague idea of what I’m doing. That’s progress. I’ll try to think of something else to blog about until release date.