1. When it is very sunny outside but somewhat chilly, so that you can wear shorts on the bottom and a sweater on top, that is the best weather.
2. Some say it is disgusting, but in fact a cup of tea with milk or cream is extremely wonderful.
3. Human beings working together in a room with a closed door create a foul smell very quickly. You don’t notice when you are in the room, but if you go out and come back in it is quite nasty. Conclusion: we are kind of a gross species, even though we often don’t realize it.
4. Eating bugs is something not everybody wants to do, especially fried grasshopper larvae.
5. Things that seem nasty can become less nasty as you get used to them. I first encountered sushi as a college student and was somewhat revolted but was goaded into eating it. Now, of course, I can’t get enough of it. The same would probably be true of fried grasshopper larvae. The first step is always the hardest.
6. Related to the last sentence of #5: if you want to go running, but can’t get yourself going, just put on your running clothes. Once you are properly dressed, you’ll get out there and run.
7. Related to #6: preparation is essential. I’m thinking of the horn here. If you take a good breath, you will probably play pretty well. This is undoubtedly true in many other non-musical situations as well. If you stop breathing, everything is moot.
Thank you for your time and attention to these matters.